Please complete the CMFAA new member application form:
- If you have completed graduate work in the specialized discipline for which you are applying, or have equivalent professional experience, and a record of success as a performer-teacher in your field
- If you understand the purpose and artistic ideal of festivals
- If you have adjudicated at least THREE different festivals within the last five years (jury exams, workshops, concerto competitions, NATS festivals, orchestral auditions, master classes, and Provincial Finals do not apply)
- If you have strong effective communication skills
Then follow these TWO steps:
- Fill out the following application form.
- Please e-mail your current curriculum vitae to the CMFAA
Membership Application Form
Before submitting your festival referees to the Executive, we strongly recommend that the applicant contact each festival to make sure that the contact info is correct, as well as to confirm the festival’s willingness to provide a positive recommendation on their behalf. The CMFAA will contact the festival referees and provide them with an on-line reference form to complete. Festivals do not need to send a letter directly to CMFAA.
By applying and being a member of the CMFAA, you agree to uphold the code of ethics of the organization, or risk sanctions.
When we have received at least THREE positive recommendations from the festivals you have listed, your application will be considered by the executive for an invitation to join the CMFAA, and you will receive an e-mail from us. Upon receipt of the annual dues of $50.00, you will become a full member and your entry will be added to the annual association Directory. Please note: Do not send a cheque or pay via Paypal until we have received replies from the festivals listed. We will then contact you.
Lacking adjudicating experience? How to get started:
- enter your own students in festival classes in your area
- observe member adjudicators at work and note their methods and style
- talk to festival administrators