N.B. The application is to be submitted by the festival and not the adjudicator.
- If awarded, the grant is to be used ONLY for supplementing the cost of travel for the adjudicator to a festival. It is NOT to be used for any other costs, such as, e.g. fees, hotel, food/per diem allowance or local travel.
- In cases where the adjudicator uses a car to travel, the allowance for such travel will be at a rate of 45¢ per kilometer. The total travel cost may not exceed an equivalent economy class ticket for air or rail travel.
- Festival committees are permitted only one application per school year (September 1st to June 30th).
- The CMFAA will have no influence or suggestion as to whom a festival hires as part of this application, other than that the adjudicator being hired must be a member in good standing of the CMFAA. You can check the status of prospective adjudicators here: https://www.cmfaa.ca/members/
- The adjudicator’s home address must be at least 750 kilometers away from the festival location.
- The award will cover 50% of the adjudicator’s travel up to a maximum of $400.
- Please note that the total funds available for this grant are determined by the CMFAA and may vary from year to year.
- Decisions made by the CMFAA are final and not subject to further discussion.